Followers

Monday 21 July 2014

What's on the needles .....

This week I thought I would show you something that I am working on.  Although my website sells all sorts of craft supplies, my passion is knitting and crochet. I have been knitting since I was eight years old, but taught myself to crochet only a couple of years ago.

Mr Glitterwitch often says that our spare room has more wool than a wool shop, and so I thought it was time to have a rummage through and use something up. This is what I found at the back of the wardrobe:

Ah, yes I remember buying that, (a few years ago), the colours remind me of the seaside and I was going to make beach bags with it. Right, 3 balls of each left - what can I make to use them up?  I know I will practice my new skill of crocheting wagon wheel hexagons.


What do you think? I love them; they are quick and easy and make a lovely portable project to take with me when I travel by train. So, full of enthusiasm, over the last week I have made lots and lots of these.

Bang! then it hit me  - oh my goodness what have I done. Many of you will know that the one thing I detest about crafting is sewing up! I love making things, but absolutely hate sewing them up - probably because I am not very good at it.  So here I am merrily making literally hundreds of this hexagons which I will now have to join together ........ Come back next week for a progress report.

Now, just to be contrary, I do love sewing beads together! So here are some beaded snowflakes that have also been on my (beading) needle this week.


Well that's all for this week - I will leave you with this thought:
My biggest fear is that when I die, my husband will sell my craft materials for what I told him they cost!

Don't forget to pop over to the website www.glitterwitch.co.uk for lots of crafty bits and pieces.

4 comments:

  1. Cant wait to see what you make them into x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you are not holding your breath Diane, it might be a long wait.

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol, I had to laugh, remembering our conversations about sewing up. Have you seen the hexagon join as you go method? I came across it by chance this week, and will definitely be giving it a go sometime

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have to say that I thought of you while typing this and thought "Jane will have a good chuckle at this one!" No, I didn't know about hexagons you sew together as you go - maybe next time!.

    ReplyDelete