Followers

Monday 10 February 2014

Creativity vs Practicality

Well, what can I say about the weather, it has been absolutely terrible for so many people. My heart goes out to those who have had their homes flooded, I can't begin to image how stressful and upsetting it must be.

When I feel upset or stressed I turn to crafting to calm me down. You probably know by now that I am a bit of a knitaholic, and I find that concentrating on a complicated pattern helps to focus the mind away from my troubles. Before I know it, life seems better and I am much more able to cope with everything. I have to admit though, sometimes those needles do take a bit of a bashing! Does your craft help to calm you down?

Talking of stress, the half term holidays are looming ever closer, so we have an offer for our Facebook fans of 15% off of all children's craft kits this week. It doesn't look like the weather will be great, so maybe a bit of crafting will help to keep the little ones busy - and who knows what treasures they may create! Pop over to the pinned post on our Facebook page for more details.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Glitterwitch/123707884419945

This week I am knitting more shawls, there are so many patterns out there and so many variations to them, that I think it is impossible to get bored making them. I love experimenting with different colours and textures to create unique one-off items which my customers seem to like.  Also this week, I MUST make the effort to tidy my craft room/office. Every time I move a box I re-discover crafty things that I haven't seen for a while and then spend an hour or so working out what I can make with them. Not only that, but not all of them are on the website yet!  So do I spend my time creating lovely shawls and wraps or should I be practical and update the website more efficiently?  What would you do?

Well that all for this week and as Valentines day is looming I will leave you with this thought: "Nobody is perfect until you fall in love with them!"


No comments:

Post a Comment