Followers

Monday 15 September 2014

Lorna the Marketing Dragon




My name is Lorna the Dragon
I help you decide what to buy
My title is Marketing Dragon
Though sometimes I do wonder why!

I spend lots of time taking photos
And trying out things you can make
Then Jan makes me tidy the office
I wish she would give me a break!

I am proud of my Marketing Title
It's something I boast to my friends
But Jan says that I should just do as I'm told

So a title's no good in the end!


Anyway, here is something that I have been trying out for you.


You will need:-
  • wire flower shape
  • beading wire
  • assorted beads
  • ribbon to hang decoration

The first task is to thread the beads onto the wire. This can be a bit tricky and time consuming but worth the effort. If you really can't face it, then use a bead spinner to thread them.


Just fill the spinner with beads then hold the end of the wire in the centre of them as you spin it with the other hand. Amazingly the beads will "jump" onto the wire.

When you have plenty of the wire filled up with the beads all you need to do is wrap it around your shape. Make sure you secure the ends and don't leave any sharp edges.

Then all that is left to do is attach some ribbon to hang your new decoration.

Try using different shapes and colours to make decorations for parties, Christmas, or just because you want to!

On our website we have a range of wire shapes here and if you don't have any spare beads, we have packs of bead mixes containing a reel of beading wire here. There is also a range of craft wires in lots of lovely colours here

Oh, and if you can't bear to thread the beads onto the wire we will be getting some bead spinners in very soon.

It is not too early to make some beaded Christmas trees for the Festive Season

That's all from me for now - I have to get back to work. Please leave a comment if you liked this blog then perhaps Jan will let me write it again.
Lorna
x




3 comments: