Followers

Monday 20 January 2014

Surviving the weather

Hello again, how are you coping with the winter weather? My part of Kent has survived all the rain and wind fairly well with not too much ill effect. I find that the cold, wet weather makes me want to knit warm and cosy items, but actually I should be building up my stocks of summer items such as lace shawls etc oh dear decisions decisions.

I don't make New Year Resolutions but this year I have secretly decided not to start too many crafting projects at once. But then I thought, I do beady things in the day time in natural light, and I knit in front of the TV in the evening so different types of crafts are ok aren't they?

So, what's new this month on the website? Well, you can now find a selection of coloured craft wires, great for beading or you can knit or crochet with them.



Above is a bracelet made by threading seed beads onto the wire and then knitting a garter stitch strip with the wire, bringing up the beads as you go. This bracelet was made by casting on 7 stitches. but you could experiment with larger or smaller numbers, different types of beads etc to make a unique bracelet. Once you get the hang of it - it is rather addictive, don't say I didn't warn you !

Well bye for now, I shall leave you with another favourite quote: Creativity is allowing oneself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep!








No comments:

Post a Comment